- It can be enjoyed in sandwiches, as a dip or spread or as a sauce for pasta.
- You can use Parmesan, Pecorino or Grana Padano – whatever’s available.
- This pesto will keep in a jam jar in the fridge for up to ten days. Just make sure you pour a thin film of olive oil over the top of the pesto before you put the lid on – this will seal in the flavour and keep the pesto from darkening.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 jar
- 1 whole fresh basil plant, leaves picked and washed but not dried
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- 40g shelled pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use a hand blender to
blitz until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.