- This recipe is pure comfort food and turkey is another lean meat that works really well here.
- Marinate the meat for an hour (if you have time)
- Full of nutrients and absolutely delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- Protein: 21.2g
- Fat: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Fibre: 7.2g
- Calories: 370
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100g chorizo, sliced into 2cm rounds
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g split red lentils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200ml water
- a handful of flaked almonds
- a handful of mint leaves, chopped
- brown rice, to serve
- Mix the garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika in a large bowl. Add the chicken and use your hands to massage the marinade into the meat.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, apricots, lentils, cinnamon stick, chicken and water and stir well.
- Cover the casserole and place it in the oven for 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, spread the almonds on a baking tin and bake for 5–10 minutes or until toasted, turning halfway through.
- Ladle the cooked casserole into warmed serving bowls and sprinkle over the almonds and mint.
- Serve with brown rice.