Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (includes cooling time)
Serves: 1 Cake
- 180g self-raising flour
- 180g butter, diced
- 180g caster sugar
- 60g chopped hazelnuts
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 4 tsp boiling water
For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 70g butter, diced
- 1 tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 2 tsp boiling water
- 20g chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. You will need a 23cm silicone pan.
- Place all of the cake ingredients in a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the silicone pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and leave to cool fully on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Place the sugar, butter and coffee in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside the icing and the chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the cooled cake on a board. Use a spatula to spread the icing evenly over the cake. Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts. Serve with strong espressos.