- These easy to make savory muffins can be served warm from the oven or, if made in advance, frozen, defrosted and reheated.
- They taste great served with eggs for brunch or with a salad for lunch.
- The strong flavours work well here, but feel free to use this recipe as a blueprint to create your own flavour combinations.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 – 18 minutes
- Protein: 8.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Fibre: 0.7g
- Fat: 8.9g
- Calories: 164
- 500g plain flour
- 10g bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 400ml milk
- 100g chorizo, diced and pan fried until crisp
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 25mls red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Sieve the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large clean bowl.
- Mix through 2/3 of the grated cheese. Make a well in the centre and add the milk and vinegar.
- Add the chorizo and combine gently to form a loose dough.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined muffin tray, filling to just below the rim.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes then bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.