- I love having a square with a cup of coffee and reading the paper, pure bliss.
- Make a batch and try not to eat them all in one day!
- Dates add a good healthy twist to this treat recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
- Protein: 7.4g
- Fat: 16.9g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7g
- Fibre: 2g
- Calories: 287
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g Honey
- 25g Coconut oil
- 50g peanuts, finely chopped
- 100g Rice Krispies
- 100g dates, soaked in hot water for 2 hours
- 100g peanut butter
- 150g dark choc 80%, for the topping
- Line an 8-inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a pot gently heat the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil until they form runny syrup. Do not boil or the mixture will burn.
- In a bowl mix the rice krispies and chopped peanuts. Pour the heated syrup over the mix and stir until all the rice krispies are coated.
- Transfer the mix to the lined baking tin and press down well.
- To make the topping, strain the dates and transfer to a in a blender together with the remaining peanut butter and blitz until they form a soft caramel like texture. To make it easier to blend, add a little water to soften the texture of the dates.
- With a spatula spread the caramel evenly over the top of the rice krispie base and top with layer of melted dark chocolate.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.