- This dish is one that I cook when I am so tired from training that there is no chance of me making anything that takes major effort.
- I like having a few meals like this in the repertoire.
- This dinner is not as healthy as some of my other recipes but it definitely hits the spot after a track session and, all in all, it’s not a bad option to throw together.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Protein: 14.2g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fibre: 8.4g
- Calories: 174
- salt and pepper
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chutney (plum, mango or whatever’s in the cupboard)
- a small handful of grated Cheddar
- 125g brown rice
- 300g mixed frozen vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Season the chicken fillets and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the Dijon mustard and chutney in a small bowl and coat the chicken fillets with this mixture.
- Sprinkle over the Cheddar. Bake the chicken for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- About 5 minutes before serving, boil the vegetables in salted water, until tender.